Learning a new language is hard for any student but doing so whilst starting a new school, in a new country, can be very challenging.
Our EAL programmes have been designed specifically to support children looking to enter into or already attending a UK independent school.
EAL Assessments – Online and In-person
- Understanding your child’s existing level of English is vital for anyone looking to move to a school in the UK. Our comprehensive English Language assessments have been designed to mirror the expectations for fluency at each stage of a child’s schooling.
- After completion, we will provide you with an extensive written report including recommendations for any tuition that may be needed, ready for his or her smooth integration into a new school.
Not based in the UK?
- We know that not everyone can come to the UK ahead of relocating. Therefore, we have developed a bespoke online assessment platform, designed to mirror an exam environment and ensure we can assess your child’s level of English wherever you are based.
- Intensive one-to-one tuition is extremely effective in improving a child’s language ability. We can arrange for a specialist to join you in your home country, online or in the UK.
- For some families a period of home-schooling may be necessary to prepare for school entrance exams and the challenges of the English curriculum.
We have a number of partner schools where we run EAL programmes after-school. These are available for any student who needs English language support, whether it’s with the basics or a better understanding of idiomatic and cultural language for 13+ exams. These sessions complement classroom learning and are run by EAL specialists, experienced at working with children in a school environment.
Would you like Enjoy Education to run an after-school EAL programme in your school? Please email Sophie Stead for more information.